Tuesday 10 January 2012

There are Cats in this Book and There are No Cats in this Book by Viviane Schwarz

Tonight's chapter of Mr Gum (we are now on Book 7 - Mr Gum and the Cherry Tree) was a song. There are occasional songs in the Mr Gum books, particularly when the goblins are around. Mr M is pretty good at making up tunes for the songs, and joining in with the burps. Surprisingly, given that the kids were giggling for most of the chapter, it wasn't the most relaxing bedtime story ever. So we had a bonus story.

Given that I was going for relaxing, I am not entirely sure why I decided to pick There are No Cats in this Book by Vivian Schwarz. I think it's probably because I haven't had a chance to read it yet, and we've had it since Christmas. I love There are Cats in this Book, the first book in which we meet the three cats. The sequel had a lot to live up to, and it was not disappointing. The books are very interactive - they have both my kids blowing at the book, wishing for things, and turning the pages quickly to help the cats out. A in particular pretends to be too cool for the books now, but she clearly still loves them. There's no shame in that - I love them, and am slightly older than 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment