Wednesday 28 March 2012

You Choose by Pippa Goodhart and Nick Sharratt and other exciting pictures.

I have already written about You Choose by Pippa Goodhart and Nick Sharratt. A used to go to sleep huddled up with the page with food on it. C always used to want the vampire as his Daddy. So did I (he had a look of Edward Cullen about him). Anyway, tonight my very-dear-friend-with-matching-book-addiction told me about the ULTIMATE combination of two of my favourite things - You Choose and colouring in! Yes, for the measly sum of only £3.79, you can be the proud owner of the You Choose Colouring Book! Needless to say, this is now winging its way to me. A was less excited than me about the prospect. I am planning to take it with us on our trip to France over Easter, along with my exciting new colouring pens. I am aware that I sound slightly mentally unbalanced, but I am firm believer in the restorative properties of a good colouring-in with felt pens sesh.

On a slightly related illustration-y note, I was really pleased to see some books for older kids on the Greenaway medal shortlist this year. I am putting in our order for work tomorrow, but already own several of the books. The brilliant A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness is on there, along with a book by David Almond, aimed at older children. Puffin Peter, which we own because of A's puffin addiction, also makes it onto the shortlist. I love the bright colours in this book, it's very clean and simple looking. Also on the shortlist is There Are No Cats in this Book, which I have previously blogged about. Looking forward to reading the others when our order arrives, and judging them along with the kids after the Easter break.

1 comment:

  1. We love You Choose (and have the colouring version too..). Tom always used to choose the 2 strange looking Victorian children as his brother and sister... creepy!

    ReplyDelete