Saturday 20 October 2012

Joseph and his Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice, illus Quentin Blake

One of the best nights out of my life came about because of a facebook karaoke session to "Any Dream Will Do".  The original status "I closed my eyes..." went on for quite some time, and by the end of the discussion it had been decided that we all needed to sing it together for real.  Busy calendar synchronisation, hotel and plane bookings later, it was all set.  We didn't just sing Joseph, it has to be said, but we made sure it was on the set list.

I knew, then, that I needed this book when I happened upon it in the latest catalogue from my very close friends The Book People.  Not only does it have ALL OF THE LYRICS from the songs from the show, it has wonderful Quentin Blake illustrations alongside them.

C thought it was brilliant.  I was quite glad when he went to bed, so that I could sit and look through it.  Well, I say look, but actually what happened was I sang it, in its entirety, using the sofa and various other household items as my percussion.  It was almost like being in the West End, as you can imagine.

Well worth the three pounds and ninety-nine pence of your money, whether or not you actually have children.

No comments:

Post a Comment